Apparently I've been doing these all wrong! I need to do both a width and a forward shoulder adjustment. Then after doing those two the neck facing and (for sleeveless tops) the armhole facing need to be adjusted to fit those changes. These are before pictures. I made these (incorrect) adjustments then tried to sew a muslin and sewing the facings on was a nightmare!
I thought the facings were the main issue so tried to find info about adjusting facings online and in the many books I have. Finally I posted a question in Pattern Review and at the same time tried searching online again. This time I used the phrase "shoulder adjustment"and found two helpful sites
This weekend I hope to make new tracings and begin again!